No Sales Tax on Out of State Residents
Birthstones make the perfect gift. Whether finding the perfect fine jewelry with her birthstone as a birthday gift, or her children's birthstones as a Push present, or Mother's Day gift, birthstone earrings, pendants and rings are always cherished. At Ben Garelick Jewelers, we have curated an amazing collection of birthstone jewelry for the one you love. They are as perfect for anniversary gifts as they are for graduation gifts. And your Ben Garelick experts are always ready to help you select just the right gift that fits your budget and desires.
Looking For The Traditional Birthstone?
While many people know their own birthstone, if you’re purchasing a gift for someone special, you may need a little help remembering the birthstone that matches up with their birth month. Here is a list of birthstones by birth month, along with one of our most popular birthstone jewelry items:
- January: Garnet - While they can be found around the world in a variety of colors, the January birthstone is the red version of the garnet. It is a stone of strong, intense feelings, representing primordial fire, the creation of the world out of chaos, purification and love. This birthstone is often given in fine jewelry as a second, sixth or nineteenth wedding anniversary gift.
- February: Amethyst - The beautiful purple of the amethyst ranges from very light to dark purple and is one of the most popular birthstones. The stone is said to enhance your intuition and psychic abilities, help you break bad habits or addictions, and help you make wiser decisions and have healing properties. Amethyst jewelry is often given for the sixth or thirty-third wedding anniversary.
- March: Aquamarine - This blue or blue-green stone is named after the tranquil blue sea and is said to have the purity of crystalline waters, and the exhilaration and relaxation of the sea. It is calming, soothing, and cleansing, and inspires truth, trust and letting go. Aquamarine birthstone is often given as a gift on the nineteenth wedding anniversary.
- April: Diamond - This rare and beautiful birthstone for April is, of course, the stone of true love. It is said to symbolize purity and innocence, of love and fidelity, and embraces strength of character, ethics, and faithfulness to oneself and others. Diamonds have been known for centuries to promote strength, invincibility, courage, creativity, and imagination. Besides the most common stone in engagement rings and wedding bands, it is also the designated gift for thirty-third wedding anniversaries where we often find them adorning a variety of stunning anniversary rings.
- May: Emerald - This popular green birthstone for May has been known as the symbol of truth and love since ancient Greek and Roman times when the goddess Venus, purveyor of love and hope, claimed it has her stone. Its soothing energy provides healing, inspiration, and patience, as it embodies unity, compassion and unconditional love. Emerald promotes friendship, balance between partners, and is particularly known for providing domestic bliss, contentment, and loyalty. For anniversary gifts, the emerald is designated for the thirty-fifth year of marriage.
- June: Pearls or Alexandrite - According to history and the myths, the June birthstone, pearls, are symbolic of wisdom gained through experience. They have a strong association with the Moon, great value, and weddings. They are believed to attract wealth and luck as well as offer protection. Pearls are the gem of the third and thirtieth anniversaries. Alexandrite is the other birthstone for June and turns a bluish-green in daylight and a soft shade of red, purplish-red or raspberry red in incandescent light. Alexandrite is very rare, which is due to its chemical composition.
- July: Ruby- The ruby is a shiny, deep red stone that represents nobility, purity, and passion. It is said to offer divine creativity as well as a boost to your energy levels. Rubies promote high self-esteem, intuition, and spiritual wisdom. It is said to be very effective for encouraging vitality, sensuality and sexual energy. Birthstone jewelry with rubies is specified for the fifteenth and fortieth anniversaries, although they are often given for any anniversary.
- August: Peridot - Peridot is a yellowish green semi-precious gemstone for the month of August and is also the national gem of Egypt. Sometimes worn as a pendant amulet, Peridot stones are said to have nursing powers which can have healing effects on asthma, sinus, eyes, stomach and other body parts. It is also said to alleviate anger, fear, depression, nervousness, anxiety, and jealousy. Peridot birthstones are reserved for the sixteenth year of marriage.
- September: Sapphire - The September birthstone, the blue sapphire, was once thought to guard against evil and poisoning. Traditionally a favorite stone of priests and kings, the sapphire symbolizes purity and wisdom and is one of the most popular gemstones. If you’re buying a fifth or forty-fifth-anniversary gift, blue sapphires are the gem of choice.
- October: Opal or Tourmaline - Wearing an opal birthstone is said to bring forth loyalty, faithfulness, desire, and spontaneity as well as help to release anger and claim self-worth. Some believe it can also act as an emotional stabilizer. Fourteenth-anniversary gifts are often represented with opal birthstones.
- November: Topaz or Citrine - If you were born in November you actually have two official birthstones you can choose from - topaz and citrine. Both celebrate the yellow-gold color of November but have different meanings. The topaz brings forth strength, determination, and resilience. The gemstone is said to enhance spirituality, and to promote wisdom throughout life. Citrine promotes positivity and good fortune and is used to combat negative energy. These stones are designated for gifts on your thirteenth and twenty-third year of marriage.
- December: Blue Zircon, Turquoise or Tanzanite - December babies also have more than one birthstone choice, but only one color - blue. The traditional December birthstone is the Blue Zircon, but there are various alternatives that are considered representative of December including turquoise, blue topaz, and tanzanite. The “love charm” turquoise is also a symbol of good fortune and success and is believed to relax the mind and to protect its wearer from harm. The brilliant zircon is said to have the power to relieve pain, protect travelers and prevent nightmares. And, some say tanzanite brings wisdom, truth, dignity and spiritual mastery. These birthstones are often gifts for fourth, eleventh, and twenty-fourth anniversaries.
Caring For Your Birthstone Jewelry
Almost all of the fine jewelry containing birthstone gemstones at Ben Garelick Jewelers can be cleaned with warm water, mild soap, and a soft brush. Be sure to rinse thoroughly after cleaning and then dry immediately with a soft cloth. Ultrasonic treatments may also be used for most birthstones, but consulting a Ben Garelick expert is recommended as some types of birthstones are not well suited for this type of cleaning. Protect all birthstones from sharp blows, harsh temperatures, and chemicals.
Find The Best Birthstone Jewelry At Ben Garelick Jewelers!
No matter what occasion, a birthstone ring, necklace, earrings or pendant is always a perfect gift for those in your life you love. At Ben Garelick Jewelers, we’re proud of the variety of high-quality birthstone jewelry that we offer our family of customers. Take a look online today or stop in at our Buffalo, New York, jewelry store and we will be happy help you select the perfect gift. Call us at (716) 631-1584 with any questions and find that perfect birthstone jewelry gift today!