Square Brilliant Princess Cut Forever One™ Near Colorless Moissanite (G-H-I) Gemstone
- Available Immediately
- Charles & Colvard Colorless Created Moissanite®
- Carat weights are approximate and may change slightly within millimeter ranges. Carat weights are provided in comparison to a comparable diamond size. For example, a 1 carat Moissanite below may not weigh one carat but gives the look of a comparable 1 carat diamond as the density of diamonds and Mossianite differ
- Includes Moissanite appraisal & Charles & Colvard authenticity card
- Ships fully insured to point of delivery
- Free shipping on this item
- All orders placed out of NY state (ordered by an out of state resident) are tax free.
Moissanite, also known as silicon carbide, is a gemstone unlike any other. With more brilliance and fire than diamond, this stone has been a source of intense interest ever since its discovery more than a century ago. Moissanite dances with sparkles of light that draw the eye and delight the senses. Its unique internal beauty lends a captivating allure to jewelry, making a magnificent statement at a fraction of the cost of other gemstones.Moissanite was first discovered in 1893 by the Nobel Prize-winning French chemist Dr. Henri Moissan at the site of a massive meteorite strike in Arizona. The tiny particles he unearthed were initially mistaken for diamond due to their hardness and brilliant reflectiveness, but after painstaking testing, were identified as naturally-occurring silicon carbide. This intriguing new stone was named moissanite in his honor, and Moissan spent the rest of his life attempting to re-create this exceptional mineral, which is among the hardest materials on Earth.