Start a tradition she will love – an Add-A-Pearl necklace! Ben Garelick Jewelers has always offered the finest in diamond engagement rings, wedding bands, and other gemstones. Now you can find one of the most classic gemstones at our Buffalo jewelry store or online - high-quality cultured pearls. You can choose from a variety of starter pearl necklaces and then watch her necklace grow with each special occasion you share. With Ben Garelick, you know you’re always getting hand-selected fine jewelry of the highest quality. And our Add-A-Pearl collection is no different!
Necklaces Of Akoya Cultured Pearls
Our pearl necklaces and add-ons are the finest quality round Japanese Akoya cultured pearls. Freshwater, Tahitian, South Sea, Freshwater - don’t be confused by the fact that these various pearl types are advertised as “cultured pearls.” Unless they are labeled as natural pearls, all pearls sold are, indeed, “cultured.” However, our Japanese Akoya pearls are "THE" classic white saltwater pearl. Akoya cultured pearls come from the Akoya oyster (Pinctada fucata martensii) and are the most plentiful type of saltwater pearl. Unlike freshwater pearls, Akoya pearl oysters seldom produce more than two pearls per harvest. The oysters are nucleated with a bead made of mother-of-pearl and a small piece of mantle tissue. This bead becomes the center of the pearl and is the reason Akoya pearls are more often perfectly round. This perfect round shape, having the highest luster of all pearl types, and their relative rarity compared to freshwater pearls helps make Akoya pearls most popular and more valuable.
How Does Add-A-Pearl Work?
Add-a-Pearl necklaces are an extremely popular gift. They are perfect for milestone birthday gifts, from a baby’s first birthday, “Sweet 16” to a 21st birthday or special occasions like graduation. They are also perfect a wedding day gift to accessorize her wedding gown. Like many items purchased from Ben Garelick Jewelers, these fine jewelry pieces often become family heirlooms. Here’s how the process works:
- Choose a starter necklace.Add-A-Pearl Necklaces are usually started with 1, 3 or more pearls on a chain. Pearl necklaces come in a variety of sizes. You can choose either a 14k yellow gold, 14k white gold or sterling silver chain. To begin, you’ll also want to choose your necklace style. You can start with a larger center pearl and get progressively smaller as you move around to the back. Or, you can assemble a string of pearls that are all the same size. Ben Garelick’s collection offers 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm & 6.5mm sized pearls.
- Add a charm.If you want to personalize your Add-A-Pearl necklace, you can add a charm engraved with a date, initials or name. This addition makes your gift even more special.
- Upgrade to a fancy clasp.All of our Add-A-Pearl necklaces come with a standard spring ring-jump ring clasp. But many of our customers prefer to upgrade to a fancy clasp. You can also delay this upgrade option until later if you like.
- Receive your first order. Ben Garelick offers same-day free shipping so you’ll get your order fast and packaged beautifully in our Ben Garelick gift box.
- Order the next pearl. When it’s time, simply choose and purchase the size pearl you need – either an individual pearl or by the inch – and will send you the new pearl(s) with Free Shipping.
Start Her Add-A-Pearl Necklace Today!
The Add-A-Pearl necklace from Ben Garelick Jewelers allows you to add pearls to her necklace that represent the most special times and memories of your lives. Throughout time, her necklace will become a cherished symbol of your relationship and the best memories of a lifetime. Have questions? Don’t hesitate to text us anytime at (716) 574-0966, or give us a call at (716) 631-1584. Our jewelry experts are always happy to answer your questions and help you find the perfect gift for her. Stop by our Buffalo jewelry store and see the beautiful Add-A-Pearl necklaces and pearls in person. We look forward to beginning this family tradition with you!